Who We’re Looking For – You!
BVN is inviting expressions of interest from an Experienced Project Leader + Technical Architect to join our Brisbane studio. This is an exciting, dynamic position that requires an adept and experienced individual who can significantly contribute to key projects at BVN.
Here are some details about the role. Does this sound like you?
We are currently looking for an experienced Architect (10 - 15 + years post-graduate experience) with exceptional technical, delivery and leadership skills on large, complex projects. Together with the Project Principals and Director, you will be responsible for project delivery. Effective team leadership skills and a highly collaborative approach are essential. Experience in health projects would be highly regarded.
- Lead, manage and coordinate the Architectural base building and services coordination teams
- Liaise with consultants and contractors while representing BVN at meetings and presentations
- Collaborate and work closely in an integrated manner with the broader project team
Skills & Experience
- Experience in leading teams delivering complex, large scale projects, in whole or in part, or making a significant contribution in a 2IC capacity, from the Design Development phase to completion on site
- Experience with driving and proactively resolving the coordination of the design with consultants and subcontractors
- A practical and collaborative approach with strong technical skills, particularly with building envelope and services coordination
- Understanding of the built environment and Australian codes and standards
- Knowledge of the total project process including fee and team management, schedules, and budgets
- A positive, innovative, capable, and dynamic approach to problem solving
- Strong communication skills, particularly written and verbal
- A proven strength in the careful, considerate delivery of design-driven projects
- A concise understanding and mindfulness of maintaining and enhancing core design intent philosophies throughout all project phases
- Strong leadership, management, and mentoring skills - a desire to mentor team members, offer guidance and leadership, and encourage professional growth
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Project Director and Principals
- We are a Revit-based office, and a strong working knowledge of this software is essential
- A working knowledge of dRofus would be highly regarded, but is not essential