The Design Technology Director will be a passionate and collaborative individual, excited about the opportunity to further elevate design technology (DT) within BVN. The role is strategic and advisory, leading and directing future innovation, responsible for managing a team of 4 and working with business leaders globally. While the role is global, we expect you to be based in one of our Australian studios.
You will ideally be from an architectural background with proven project delivery skills using BIM and computational design tools. You will also have experience with vendor negotiations, software licence management, contract review and fee preparation.
You will be part of the BVN Technology leadership team and will report to the Chief Information Officer and Design Technology Chair other IT Leaders.
BVN fosters and supports emerging technology use and creative exploitation of software and hardware on its architectural projects. While managing business-as-usual you will also be a thought leader in the industry, maintaining BVN's future focused approach.
- Partner with Project Leaders and Principals on best practices, planning development and deployment of BIM across projects
- Take ownership of the implementation, development and support of BVN’s Design Technology platforms and applications, including custom software and third-party plug-ins
- Partner with People and Character team to establish, implement and manage BIM education and training pathways across BVN
- Lead and coach a high performing and influential team of design technologists.
- Lead the DT team in the standardisation of BIM implementation, documentation, and usage on projects In line with the studio strategy
- Facilitate the Design Technology Network – individuals dedicated to BIM management across architectural projects.
- Identify and manage opportunities for automation of typical and repeatable Design Technology methodologies
- Organise and prioritise business as usual Design Technology support
- As a global resource travel may be required by BVN
- Industry thought leader
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Prior experience nurturing and developing Design Technology talent
- Proven Autodesk Revit ecosystem expert (BVN’s primary documentation platform)
- Experience implementing Australian and international BIM Guidelines or standards
- Experience handling commercial budgeting and approval processes
- An open and collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with external partners, and industry leaders.
- Software deployment, contract and licence management
- Autodesk suite 3DS Max, AutoCAD, Navisworks, Rhino, Unifi, Grasshopper.
CIO and Design Technology Chair