The Design Technology Leader will be a passionate and collaborative individual, excited about the opportunity to further elevate design technology within BVN.
The Design Technology Leader will ideally be from an architectural background with proven project delivery skills using BIM and computational design tools. The Design Technology Leader will also have experience with vendor negotiations, software licence management, contract review and fee preparation.
The Design Technology Leader will work within BVN Technology leadership team and will report into the Chief Information Officer and Design Technology Chairperson alongside the IT Infrastructure, IT Operations and Information Systems Leaders. The Design Technology Leader will manage the team of dedicated Design Technology Coordinators.
BVN fosters and supports emerging technology use and creative exploitation of consumer software and hardware on its architectural projects. The Design Technology Leader will be expected to assist with, monitor, facilitate, document and communicate these developments to the Studio on a regular basis.
- Partner with Project Leaders and Principals in business opportunity review and contractual engagement navigation and negotiation as they relate to BIM
- Partner with Project Leaders and Principals on best practices, planning development and deployment of BIM as they relate to BIM first culture
- Take ownership for the implementation, development and support of BVN’s Design Technology platforms and applications, including custom add-ins and third party plug-ins
- Partner with People and Character team to establish, implement and manage BIM education and training pathways across BVN
- Manage the standardisation of BIM implementation, documentation, and usage on projects In line with the studio strategy
- Facilitate the Design Technology Network – individuals dedicated to BIM management across architectural projects.
- Assist project teams with tailoring Project BIM briefs and management plans
- Identify and implement opportunities for automation of typical and repeat Design Technology methodologies
- Organise and prioritise business as usual Design Technology support
- Interstate travel as required by BVN
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Proven Autodesk Revit Expert (BVN’s primary documentation platform)
- Experience implementing Australian and international BIM Guidelines or standards
- Prior experience nurturing and developing Design Technology talent
- Knowledge of best practice software interoperability
- Experience handling commercial budgeting and approval processes
- An open and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with external partners
- Software deployment, contract and licence management
- Autodesk suite 3DS Max, AutoCAD, Navisworks
CIO and Design Technology Chairperson