WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR – YOU!
BVN is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Financial Analyst. The role is in our Sydney Studio but is also part of, and supported by, the wider national finance and accounting team.
We have an experienced and dedicated group of finance and accounting professionals and are looking for someone to join to liaise directly with architecture project teams and office leadership to help projects run profitability and efficiently. This includes monthly billing, accounts receivable, costs analysis and tracking, performance reporting and forecasting.
We are also eager to improve processes so, in collaboration with BVN’s CFO, accountants and others, you would help develop and implement improvements.
This is a forward facing role and will involve regular interaction with project teams. Yes you will be required to key transactions but if you’re more comfortable doing a purely back office job this role is not for you.
- Work with Studio Leadership and talk to project teams so that project financial performance is well understood.
- Liaise with project leaders to determine billing amounts and to issue monthly invoices.
- Assist in debt collection activities to have those invoices paid. Respond to client queries.
- With Studio leadership help prepare and update revenue forecasts
- Review timesheets and encourage completion
- Administer project work breakdown structures in the firm’s ERP to facilitate costs collection and recovery.
- Undertake ad-hoc project analysis and reporting
- Other tasks that may arise from time to time.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A familiarity, confidence and skill with numbers, and a desire to get them right!
- Outgoing and with good interpersonal communication skills. Able to explain numbers to those less familiar with financial concepts.
- Motivated, pro-active, well organised and with excellent attention to detail. Able to priorities activities in a fluid environment.
- A good collaborative team member but also able to work autonomously under pressure and to deadlines
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with project or job costing is not required but would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision is not required but would be an advantage.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience as user of a BI tool. Knowledge of Tableau is not required but would be an advantage.