BVN is looking for a hands-on Information Systems Leader, who will be involved in the organisation’s transition to new systems, further enhancement of existing systems, and implementation of key analytics and business intelligence technologies. This role will be reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
As THE data, analytics and information person, you will shape and lead the information initiatives that provide strategic insight, while you build the analytics processes to effectively leverage data. This role will lead and develop solutions, deliver results and advise and contribute to information strategy for BVN.
This role is suited to someone already experienced as a people manager or someone looking to step up into a line manager role with 2 direct report(s) initially.
- Systems integration – ensuring data and information flows effectively between software and databases.
- Develop and lead a high performing team capable of developing and managing applications and data sets with advanced modelling and analytics capabilities.
- Provide technical leadership to support the successful transition to new systems and implementation of key analytics and BI technologies (including Power BI and Tableau).
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand and deliver against data and information strategy to the benefit of BVN.
- Deliver robust data management and data governance across the organisation by ensuring continuous improvement of data collection, management and analytics to the benefit of BVN.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A demonstrated track record in successfully bridging the gap between technology and business teams and stakeholders, producing tangible and actionable insights and recommendations, presenting to senior stakeholders in the appropriate language and formats.
- 7+ years working with analytical and business intelligence software, in particular Power BI or Tableau.
- Expert knowledge in querying (SQL), modelling and providing insights into data sets.
- Experience building Data Warehouses / Pipelines, writing Stored Procedures, SQL queries, SSIS (or similar).
- Previous cloud experience of Azure or AWS based data storage and processing tools will be highly regarded, but not required.
- Big Data and Machine Learning ML, knowledge not required, but a passion to always be learning a must.
To be successful in this role BVN are looking for people who can demonstrate the following
- Ability to manage priorities and set expectations in a complex fast-moving environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage and collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Leadership skills. You will be aware of what it takes to be a people leader and be able to demonstrate these skills in coaching rising stars.
- Passion for continuous learning and development.
- Proven strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal capabilities.
- Highly analytical & strong attention to detail.