The Design Technology Coordinator will be part of BVN Technology team, and primarily provide and/or facilitate application support for BVN’s BIM, CAD, computational, across architectural projects at a strategic level
The Design Technology Coordinator will facilitate the Design Technology Network (a cohort of like-minded Design Technologists). It is expected you will be hosting meetings, collating feedback, spreading the news of general technology initiatives, and supporting knowledge sharing in this forum and across the wider practice.
The role will support thought leadership and knowledge, as well as influencing strategic Design Technology initiatives.
The Design Technology Coordinator will report directly to the Design Technology Chair and the CIO.
- Manage application support for Design Technology platforms and applications
- Understand, test and roll out ongoing software upgrades to Design Technology tools/software.
- Manage the standardisation of BIM training, documentation, and usage on projects in line with the studio strategy
- Facilitate the Design Technology Network.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of BIM content libraries and technical resources.
- Collaborate with the wider Technology team to deliver a great technology experience for all BVNers.
- Expert Autodesk Revit skills (BVN’s primary documentation platform) including experience using BIM360, Dynamo and Navisworks.
- Proven project delivery skills using BIM and computational design tools.
- Knowledge of Australian and international BIM Guidelines or standards
- An open and collaborative approach to problem-solving with an ability to bring people together.
- Knowledge of best practice software interoperability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Appetite for delivering education and training
- We understand there are many Design Technology applications, and new ones popping up each week. In addition to Revit, we also use Rhino, Grasshopper, Enscape, dRofus, AutoCAD, Sketchup, MicroStation (to name a few), but knowledge of these and other tools will be desirable.
- Agile working practices, awareness and/or desire to learn basic coding principles, Python, C#.
- A general passion for automation.
Design Technology Chair and the CIO
Brisbane or Sydney. Brisbane preferred.